4 Tips for healthy holiday hair
Winter is in our sights, and the holiday season is in full swing. That means parties and gatherings, wanting to look our absolute best with fun updos and new hair styles.
This time of year can be hard on our hair. Dry, cold weather combined with the extra styling efforts, it’s time to pamper yourself – and your hair! Here are four tips to keeping yourself – and your hair – looking fantastic into the New Year:
1. Take a day off! Once a week, ban the styling products and give your hair a break. Luckily, it’s cold outside! So wear a hat and no one will guess that you’re giving your hair a rest day. Make that the day you pamper yourself, too, with a 10-minute relaxation session, or maybe take brisk walk around the neighborhood to look at Christmas lights.
2. Nourishment! Your hair needs it. Especially this time of year. Be sure you’re using Sojourn Moisture Shampoo and Conditioner in the shower – which is where beautiful, strong hair starts! – and follow up with a dab of Sojourn Monoi Oil in the morning before you get started. Our exclusive blend of Keratin Cashmere and Cystine penetrates essential amino acid nutrients deep into the hair’s cuticle to maximize hydration and restore hair’s luster. Our low pH aids in closing the cuticle to restructure chemical bonds and return hair to its natural, healthy state for clean, beautiful, shiny, healthy looking hair. Adding Sojourn Monoi Oil to your daily morning routine will add an ultra-light, deep conditioning treatment, enriched with natural moisturizers. This botanically based hydrating oil absorbs instantly into hair, leaving no residue or build-up, for a clean, healthy and fresh look that leaves hair soft, frizz-free, manageable and shimmering all day long.
Pro Tip: Try mixing a dab of Sojourn’s Monoi Oil with Sojourn Wet/Dry Volume Gel to create a shiny, moveable hold.
3. Remember your hair reflects you! That is, when you’re feeling down and overtired, it shows in the condition of your hair. Be sure to give yourself some rest and healthy nutrients for your body, too. Not an easy task with Christmas parties overloading your already busy schedule. Pass on the sweets and alcohol once in a while and give your body a break.
4. Consult your professional! Your Sojourn hairstylist is just as busy as you are this holiday season. It may be tricky to book an appointment, but look to a professional as soon as their schedule – and yours – allows. Even just a centimeter trimmed off the bottom will get rid of those split ends and give your hair more definition without losing length. Regular trims are vital to keeping your hair healthy.
5. Bonus Tip! Style Smart! When you reach for that straightener, blow dryer or curling iron, don’t forget to protect your locks from the heat. Grab Sojourn Thermal Protection Straightener and spritz away. It is uniquely formulated to intercept the damaging effects of hot styling tools.
Fortified with buriti extract, this remarkable styling aid closes the cuticle, nourishes and protects hair, for a super smooth, shiny, healthy and weightless look. It smells amazing, and fits in a stocking! In fact, Sojourn Beauty products make excellent stocking stuffers anyone will love.
Happy Holidays from all of us at Sojourn!
Your Sojourn Beauty Team